HAVING CONFIDENCE IN THINGS CAN BE IMPORTANT.
On a scale of 1-10 how confident are you that you…
- Can win a tuba playing contest
- Can eat an entire large pepperoni pizza
- Can brush your own teeth
- Can make five free throws in a row
- Can make someone laugh at a joke
- Can drive a car
- Will go to heaven when you die
FOUR THINGS YOU CAN BE CONFIDENT OF
If you’ve placed your faith in Christ
1) CHRIST FORGAVE YOUR SINS
- Read 1 John 1:9
- How many of your sins were forgiven?
- What difference does it make to know your sins are forgiven?
2) CHRIST MADE YOU A CHILD OF GOD
- Read John 1:12
- How does someone become a part of God’s family?
- What does it mean to you that you are a part of God’s family?
3) CHRIST WILL NEVER LEAVE YOU
- Read Revelation 3:20 and Hebrews 13:5
- Based on Revelation 3:20, where is Jesus once you “open the door” to him?
- Under what circumstances would Christ leave you?
- How does it make you feel that Christ will never leave you? Why?
4) CHRIST GAVE YOU ETERNAL LIFE
- Read 1 John 5:11-13
- What does this passage say that we can know?
- What is the difference between knowing something and just hoping for something?
So lets try that line again, On a scale of 1-10, how sure are you that you have eternal life and will go to heaven when you die?
WHAT IF I LOSE THAT “GOD FEELING”?
Even though feelings are important, your relationship with Christ is based on facts, not feelings. Feelings can change day by day and can rob your confidence
This train diagram shows the relationship among the fact of God’s word, the important role of your faith, and your feelings.
The train will run with or without the caboose. However, it would be useless to attempt to pull the train by the caboose. In the same way, we as Christians do not depend on feelings or emotions. We place our faith (trust) in the promises of God and his word. The more you learn of what the Bible says, the more you will be able to answer any doubts with solid facts. Your feelings will begin to respond to the truth of God’s word and not your circumstances.
What truth in this study is most important for you?
What ideas do you have that could improve this study? Are there creative things you do to bring this topic home to your students? Please share with the community by clicking the FEEDBACK button or leaving a comment below.