When we see a “Danger” sign, we know we’re supposed to be careful and stay away. But sometimes the sign can have the opposite effect: it can make us curious and draw us in. Why do you think that is?
2. How does the unwise person handle it when he realizes where the sexually immoral person’s house is?
3. What stands out to you about the sexually immoral person from verses 10-21?
4. How do verses 22-23 describe what happens when he goes along with her?
5. What advice is given in verses 24-27? What do you think of this advice?
6. According to what we just read, we know that engaging in sexual immorality is unwise, but is it a sin? What does 1 Thessalonians 4:3-5 tell us about this?
7. In what ways can you relate to the unwise person in this story (or to the person enticing others to sex)?
8. If you could rewrite this story to give it a happy ending, what changes would you make?
9. The man’s main problem is his lack of wisdom. How do you get wisdom?
10. As you look to Jesus for wisdom in light of this study, what is one step you think God wants you to take to pay attention to his “Danger” sign and be a sexually wise person?
What ideas do you have that could improve this study? Are there creative things you do to bring this topic home to your students? Please share with the community clicking the FEEDBACK button or leaving a comment below.