Things have come such a long way with Jon and Ivan. At the beginning, Jon didn’t even know how to start talking to Ivan. But now they’ve become good friends. One of the highlights for Jon was when he got to explain to Ivan what it means to have a relationship with Jesus. Since then Ivan has been thinking about giving his life to Jesus. But he hasn’t actually done that yet. Jon doesn’t want to push Ivan into a decision, but he also doesn’t want Ivan to miss out on trusting in Jesus because of a lack of encouragement. What would you do if you were in Jon’s shoes to encourage Ivan to trust in Jesus?
1. Read Acts 3:1-11. How do the people respond to God’s miraculous healing of a man who can’t walk?
2. What does Peter explain to the people about Jesus in Acts 3:12-15?
3. How does Peter explain the man’s healing in Acts 3:16?
4. Read Acts 3:17-21. What action does Peter call the people to take?
5. According to verses 19-21, what will happen if they repent and turn to God?
6. Based on what we read in this passage, why is it such a big deal to invite people to make a decision about Jesus Christ? Why can this be hard to invite someone to do?
7. Who do you know that needs to make a decision about Jesus?
8. What does it mean to make a decision to follow Jesus? Whose responsibility is this decision?
9. What happens if a person never makes this decision?
What ideas do you have that could improve this study? Are there creative things you do to bring this topic home to your students? Please share with the community clicking the FEEDBACK button or leaving a comment below.