Imagine you’re a child of Superman. How would that change your life for the better?
2. What kind of spirit did we receive upon placing our trust in Jesus to forgive our sins?
3. Read Romans 8:16. What does the Holy Spirit do in our lives if we’ve trusted in Jesus?
4. Read Romans 8:17. If we’re children of God, what else are we?
5. What does it mean to be an heir? What do you think it means to be an heir of God and fellow heir with Christ?
6. Why do you think suffering with Christ is one of the good things that’s part of being an heir of God and fellow heir with Christ?
7. If we’ve trusted Jesus to forgive our sins, we’re children of God. But sometimes we act like we’re not a part of God’s family, thinking we need to take care of ourselves, be strong on our own, or do things to make God happy with us. In what ways do you act like you’re not a part of God’s family?
8. Think of something that’s causing you fear or worry right now. How do you think it would help with what you’re facing to remember your identity as a child of God?
9. How does having God’s acceptance change the way you value the acceptance of important people in your life (like parents, teachers, friends, teammates, coaches, and boyfriends or girlfriends)?
10. How does knowing you’re a child of God affect the temptation to base your worth on the things you do for God and others?
What ideas do you have that could improve this study? Are there creative things you do to bring this topic home to your students? Please share with the community clicking the FEEDBACK button or leaving a comment below.