*WHAT DO YOU THINK?
1. If you could go anywhere in the world, where would you want to go?
2. Where do you think people are suffering the most in the world right now?
WHAT DOES GOD SAY ABOUT THIS?
5. Baptism is a way of identifying publicly as Jesus’ follower. Why do you think Jesus wants his followers to be baptized (verse 19)?
6. What might be some reasons Jesus wants his followers to teach new followers of Jesus to do everything he had commanded them (verse 20)
7. Why do you think Jesus wants his followers to help people in all nations to follow him, not just people from their own nation (verse 19)?
8. Jesus tells his followers that all authority in heaven and earth belongs to him (verse 18) and that he’s always with them (verse 20). What difference do you think these things make for Jesus’ followers as they help others follow him?
HOW DO WE APPLY THIS TO OUR LIVES?
9. How does it feel to know that Jesus–the King of the universe and the most amazing person ever–has called you to help people everywhere know and follow him?
10. What examples do you know about churches, Christian organizations, and missionaries helping people know about Jesus around the world? What would be exciting about going to another part of the world to tell people about Jesus? What would be scary about this? What would make it worth the trouble?
11. How can you as a student live out Jesus’ command to make disciples of all nations (not just people with the same background as you)?
12. What difference does it make for you personally to know that Jesus has all authority and that he’s always with you as you seek to live out his command to help others follow him?
If you’re interested in going global, be sure to check out Cru’s Spring and Summer Mission trips at cru.org/highschool/missions. And if you are a Junior or senior and are considering a gap year experience, check out Cru Gap Year at cru.org/gapyear which will take you around the world to serve others during your year after high school.
What ideas do you have that could improve this study? Are there creative things you do to bring this topic home to your students? Please share with the community clicking the FEEDBACK button or leaving a comment below.