*WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Picture this scene: You’re relaxing in your home on a comfortable couch with a fire burning brightly in the fireplace on a cold, winter night. Now picture this scene: You’re standing in the street in front of your home as a fire burns brightly throughout your home on a cold, winter night and destroys it. There’s a fire in both scenes, but what’s the difference between the two scenes?
WHAT DOES GOD SAY ABOUT THIS?
1. Just as a fire is amazing in the right setting, sex is amazing when we experience it as God designed it. Read Genesis 2:18-25. What did God say wasn’t good after he created the first man (verse 18)?
2. What did God do about this based on verse 18?
3. Verses 24-25 explain God’s plan for marriage and the sexuality that’s part of that relationship. What do the phrases “hold fast (joined) to his wife,” “become one flesh,” and “naked and not ashamed” (verses 24-25) suggest about God’s plan for sex?
4. Read Genesis 1:27-28. What do these verses suggest about God’s design for sex?
5. Read Proverbs 5:18-19. What do these verses say about God’s purpose for sex in marriage?
HOW DO WE APPLY THIS TO OUR LIVES?
6. Summarize what you’ve learned about God’s design for sex from these passages.
7. What are some of the ways that you or people you know have struggled because of making sexual choices outside of God’s design?
8. How does it help to understand God’s design for sex as you make choices that have to do with relationships and sex?
9. Think back to what we talked about with the two scenes and the fire. How does this apply to the way we experience sex?
10. What choices or decisions do you need to make in order to see your life line up with God’s design for sex? Remember that God’s Spirit will give you the power to follow through on obeying whatever is his will for you.
What ideas do you have that could improve this study? Are there creative things you do to bring this topic home to your students? Please share with the community clicking the FEEDBACK button or leaving a comment below.