*WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Imagine you’re doing hard, outside work on a hot, sunny day. You’re dirty, sweaty, and smelly. How do you feel after taking a shower and getting clean?
Our bad sexual choices can make us feel dirty and smelly spiritually. Jesus wants to bring healing to our brokenness and make us clean.
WHAT DOES GOD SAY ABOUT THIS?
2. How do you think you would have felt if you were this woman having done something wrong, being caught, and being exposed in front of Jesus and all the people?
3. What do the religious leaders want to know from Jesus and why (verses 5-6)?
4. How does Jesus respond (verses 7-8)?
5. What happens next (verse 9)?
6. What does Jesus say to the woman (verses 10-11)?
HOW DO WE APPLY THIS TO OUR LIVES?
7. Just like the woman, what do we deserve from God for our bad sexual choices?
8. Based on what Jesus said to the woman, what do you think Jesus wants for you in the face of the bad sexual choices you’ve made?
9. What difference does it make to know that Jesus doesn’t condemn us, but that he also calls us to trust in the power of his Spirit to head in a new direction away from bad sexual choices?
10. The picture at the top of the page is of a flower growing out of ashes. How does this image relate to this study?
11. As you think about your own bad sexual choices and this story, what do you think Jesus is saying to you?
What ideas do you have that could improve this study? Are there creative things you do to bring this topic home to your students? Please share with the community clicking the FEEDBACK button or leaving a comment below.