*WHAT DO YOU THINK?
It’s really clear that Pedro is religious. He reads his Bible every day in the cafeteria. He talks about going to church and bible study. And he picks religious topics for papers in his classes. But Pedro’s friend, Jimmy, harasses you just about every day. There always seems to be a mean word or look from him. Pedro sees this but never says or does anything! How does this make you feel about Pedro and the faith that seems so important to him? Allow the group to discuss.
WHAT DOES GOD SAY ABOUT THIS?
3. How does meeting Jesus change Zaccheus (verse 8)?
HOW DO WE APPLY THIS TO OUR LIVES?
5. Look at verse 8 again. What do you learn about what’s important to Jesus?
6. Read 2 Corinthians 8:9. How is Jesus dying for our sins the ultimate example of God stepping in on behalf of people with a great need and righting a wrong at great cost?
7. How does encountering Jesus change us into people who are willing to step in and right wrongs at great cost?
8. Who are some people that you admire who have stepped into some difficult situations to show God’s love?
9. What’s happening in your family, neighborhood, or school that’s an opportunity for you to step in and right a wrong? What can you do in the Spirit’s power to be generous with what you have in this situation?
10. Think of an injustice you see in “the world out there.” How can you step in and help right a wrong in the power of the Spirit when it’s not something you’re experiencing firsthand in your community?
What ideas do you have that could improve this study? Are there creative things you do to bring this topic home to your students? Please share with the community clicking the FEEDBACK button or leaving a comment below.