*WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Jasmine is in your last period class, and she’s been talking to you about her interest in Christianity. One afternoon as you leave class and walk to your lockers, she tells you she’s started going to church. But she’s confused because they’re talking in church about Jesus dying for our sins and returning to life three days later (she says they call his return to life the resurrection). “That sounds crazy!” Jasmine says. She doesn’t know if she believes that actually happened. “And even if it did,” she tells you, “Why is it such a big deal?” What would you say to Jasmine?
*WHAT DOES GOD SAY ABOUT THIS?
1. Read 1 Corinthians 15:3-6. These verses say a few things are most important in the Christian message. What are they?
2. Why is it important that Jesus died for our sins and was buried?
4. What difference does it make that he appeared to many people?
5. 1 Corinthians 15:3 says “just as the Scriptures said,” referring to parts of the Bible that were written several hundred years before Jesus’ birth. These Scriptures predicted that Jesus would be killed, then raised from the dead. Why is this a big deal?
HOW DO WE APPLY THIS TO OUR LIVES?
6. If you have placed your trust in Christ, how does Jesus’ resurrection make you more confident that God has forgiven all your sins? (If you have not placed your trust in Christ yet, how does it give you confidence that he can?)
7. Read Romans 8:11. Think about something you’re struggling with right now. Maybe it’s a hard situation, addiction, or a bad character trait. How does it help you face this struggle to know Jesus’ resurrection power lives in you if you’ve trusted in him?
8. Because Jesus is “the Resurrection and the Life” (John 11:25), we can know we’ll live with God forever if we’ve trusted in Jesus. How could this change the way you approach life?
9. How does this change the way you think about death?
10. God loved you enough to have his Son die for you and had enough power to bring him back to life from the dead. How does knowing about his love and his power shown through the resurrection, help you trust him with all the things in your everyday life?
11. If you’re still considering whether to trust and follow Jesus, how does what we’ve discussed today help you with that decision?
What ideas do you have that could improve this study? Are there creative things you do to bring this topic home to your students? Please share with the community clicking the FEEDBACK button or leaving a comment below.