*WHAT DO YOU THINK?
As Dustin began to grow in his relationship with God and thought about talking to his friends about his faith, he was excited. After all, Jesus was changing his life. But he also felt nervous about it.
- How would he bring up the subject?
- What would he say?
- How would he handle it if he didn’t know the answer to someone’s question?
- As you think about talking to others about your faith in Jesus, how can you relate to Dustin’s experience?
WHAT DOES GOD SAY ABOUT THIS?
Read 1 Corinthians 2:1-5.
1. What did the writer choose not to rely on when he was talking to people about Jesus?
2. Why is it good to know we don’t need to be good with words or be super-wise to talk to people about Jesus?
3. What did the writer focus on when he talked to people about Jesus?
4. How did the writer feel as he was talking to people about Jesus?
5. Why is it good to know that weakness and fear don’t mean you can’t talk to people about Jesus?
6. The picture at the top of a page is a life preserver. How is telling someone about Jesus like throwing a drowning person a life preserver?
7. What role does God’s Spirit play in us as we talk to people about Jesus?
Sometimes starting conversations with people about Jesus can feel hard. Understanding the definition of successful witnessing can help. Successful witnessing is:
“Taking the initiative to share Christ in the power of the Holy Spirit and leaving the results to God.”
8. How do you think understanding this definition might help someone?
9. What happens when we take the initiative to talk to people about Christ in the power of the Holy Spirit and leave the results to God? (verse 5)
HOW DO WE APPLY THIS TO OUR LIVES?
*10. Make a “Most Wanted” list. Take a minute to pray for God to open your heart to the people around you that need to know more of his love.
- Who does he bring to mind that doesn’t (or might not) know Jesus?
- Write down 3-5 names on a notecard or the notes on your phone.
- Begin praying for these people each day, that God would give you opportunities to talk with them about Jesus.
11. What are some ways that you could bring up the topic of God with this person?
12. What are some ways you could explain the good news of Jesus Christ to this person?
What ideas do you have that could improve this study? Are there creative things you do to bring this topic home to your students? Please share with the community clicking the FEEDBACK button or leaving a comment below.