*WHAT DO YOU THINK?
If you had to go through a flood, hurricane, tornado, or earthquake, which would you choose and why?
*WHAT DOES GOD SAY ABOUT THIS?
Read Matthew 7:24-27
1. This passage talks about weathering the storms of life. What analogy does Jesus use?
2. What is the difference between the two houses?
3. What point is Jesus making with this analogy?
4. Jesus refers to “these words of mine.” What is so great about Jesus that his teaching gives us such a strong foundation in life?
HOW DO WE APPLY THIS TO OUR LIVES?
*5. From studying Jesus’ life, we can know that Jesus is loving, good, and powerful. How could knowing those things about Jesus help you trust his teaching more?
6. In your life, whose advice do you value and why?
7. Think about a part of your life where it’s hard to submit to Jesus’ teaching. How does this discussion encourage you to put Jesus’ words into practice in this area?
*8. You can’t follow Jesus’ teachings if you don’t know what it is. What can you do this week to understand more of Jesus’ teachings?
What ideas do you have that could improve this study? Are there creative things you do to bring this topic home to your students? Please share with the community clicking the FEEDBACK button or leaving a comment below.