This page will be a resoure for people who are helping us translate Thrive studies into different languages. We’re not ready to build it completely, but here are a few tools for our Russian language…
Thrive Studies Team Page
this page has videos to help you learn skills you might need
This is where you can find the Pages docs to edit, folders in which to put the new PDF’s, and the Writer’s Guides that you can translate into your language. This is going to be your “home base” for translations. Most of the work you do will be here.
New (2019) versions of Thrive Studies writers guides
See the bottom of this page for links
Russian friends. It is now April of 2019. As I’m preparing these documents and folders for you I’m realizing that we are not quite ready with the Pages documents. We just did some rewriting and simplifying of the Leader’s guide and that formatting isn’t done yet in the Engish versions. I think it would be helpful to you if we complete updating our pages documents before you remake those documents into Russian. So, here is my suggestion…
- You guys work on translating our English Google docs into Russian Google Docs
- Let me know which studies you would like done before the end of this school year and I can try to get those Pages docs ready for you in English
- I should be done with our English changes by mid-June (or before), at which point, I will put the Pages documents (in English) into your Russian Folders. You can then turn those documents into Russian (I will have our copy of the Enlish ones as well so you don’t need to save an English copy unless you want to)
- My hope is that by the Summer, you will have everything you need. but let’s keep communicating and if you don’t have something you need, I can help get it for you.
Our preference is that you would follow our WRITER’S GUIDE format for your initial translations – so that an entire series (four studies) would be on one google doc. That would be the main version. From there, you can copy to the Pages version or to the App version (once we have that up and running). But always keep the Google Doc version correct. The more your google doc folders can mirror ours, the easier our communication will be, so try to put the pictures where we’ve put the pictures, PDF’s where we’ve put them, etc. see the Google Drive Walkthrough video at thrivestudies.com/team to learn about that.
Thanks for helping us translate Thrive! I’m always available if you have questions or concerns. I want to do anything I can to help make your translation job eaiser. Feel free to contact me at email@example.com anytime.
Links to the 2019 versions of the Thrive Studies
- The Jesus Series
- The Growing with God Series
- The Holy Spirit Series
- The Bible Series
- The Me Series
- The Sex Series
- The Got Is Series
- The Gospel Series
- The Tough Questions Series
- The Relationship Series
- The Sound Barrier Series
- The Life Applications Series
- The World Series
- The Discipling Others Series
- The Christ Centered-Centered Living Series
- The Worldview Series
- The Inside Out Sereis
- The Live Differently Series