*WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Imagine you’re driving a car and you accidentally turn the wrong way onto a one-way street.
- What’s the quickest way to solve your problem?
- What could happen if you keep driving the wrong way down this street?
WHAT DOES GOD SAY ABOUT THIS?
2. Jesus gives a picture of what it looks like to repent and believe the good news in Luke 15:11–24. Read these verses. Based on verse 13, why do you think the son ran off with the inheritance he got from his father?
4. Based on verse 17, what was the turning point for the son?
5. What does the son do once he comes to his senses, and how does his father respond (verses 17-24)?
HOW DO WE APPLY THIS TO OUR LIVES?
6. How does the picture at the top of the top of the page represent how the young man was feeling when he was feeding the pigs?
7. How do you think this story is a picture of the way God wants us to relate to him?
8. What are some ways you find yourself thinking or acting like life is better outside of Jesus than with him?
9. How do these things end up being like “feeding pigs in a field” (verse 15)
10. Turning away from our sin can be hard. God gives us the Holy Spirit to help us turn from sin and turn to God. What does the Holy Spirit do to help with that?
*11. What are some things in your life that you need to “turn and run” from?
- Turn to one other person in the group, share those things, and pray for each other.
What ideas do you have that could improve this study? Are there creative things you do to bring this topic home to your students? Please share with the community clicking the FEEDBACK button or leaving a comment below.